Author Archives: codegenie
Phpstorm developed by jetBrains is an exclusive package for the web developers in order to offer an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). It greatly facilitates the web programmers, freelance web developers, and PHP developers because of its handy and highly professional features. It overlaps the entire range of features found in webstorm, including support for Personal Home Page (PHP) and database assistance. It has built in many Java plug-ins which are instantly usable and absolutely free.
It also helps laravel developers to a great extent as they are now able to create personalized applications through phpstorm’s open source web application framework for free. It is pre-installed of numerous top listed codes and customized features.
- Phpstorm offers a broad scope code editor for personal home page (PHP) with extra features of syntax highlighting and code completion. It is configured to format extended codes and on the fly errors checkout.
- Code completion feature facilitates the web developers so that they can personalize the PHP, finalize classes, methods, variables, and key words to place on PHP.
- It provides a great development environment that web programmers and developers could only have dreamed of. It has SQL and database assistance, remote deployment, version control and automatic integration, and Google App engine.
- It has been built by keeping in view the processes to review the recently found bugs and problem areas. A fool proof visual debugger has been incorporated to make the testing and web development easy. The debugger works from integrated framework. You can review your scripts from phpstrom using any of the debuggers either Xdebug or Zend Debugger.
- Unit level tests are also accessible through PHP Unit tests. You can run any of the file, class, or contexts right from the parent directory with the facility of code coverage.
- It has great support for any unforeseen situation. The developers are motivated for inducing an integrated framework to assist web developing in a better way as compared to yesteryears.
- Once you are licensed, you always will be. Yes, phpstorm license is merely permanent. It includes free support and software updates for one year free of cost. You can find many kinds of licenses as per your needs, which include, individual (best of personal PHP development), Commercial (designed for freelancer web developers and companies/organizational use), Academic (to be used by students of computer science or web development), classrooms (offered free of cost for registered trainers and teacher of recognized institutions on presentation of valid identity), and open source projects (it is also free and for open sourced projects).
Phalcon offers the traditional features of a latest PHP MVC-framework, it is not only comfortable to use, but it is fast, really fast, in fact blazing fast as it is written in C.
A PHP developer develops websites, applications and programs using PHP, (a dynamic scripting language), known for business applications and web development.
No doubt, PHP is one of the most popular and powerful coding language known to web developers. A proper framework helps in creating applications safer, efficiently and more quickly, but the question arises that which is the best framework that allow us to develop the applications in a secure and efficient manner?
What is Phalcon PHP?
Phalcon, based on the MVC Pattern, is a great performance web framework for PHP. It is an open-source framework, released in 2012 and licensed under the BSD license’s terms.
You can easily find the instructions of the installation process in the documentation. The process of Phalcon doesn’t take more than a few minutes. With PhalconPHP, the complete framework is already in RAM, hence the complete framework file set does not require to process. Phalcon offers features, such as pagination, an ORM, caching, a templating engine and Request object library. It promotes the MVC architecture.
The framework in Phalcon is itself is written in C. At the starting of the web server process, the C extensions are loaded and then reside in RAM. This allows Phalcon to process more than 2300 requests per second, thus it is really fast as compared to other frameworks.
In PHP frameworks, Phalcon PHP is said to be the next Big Thing. It is getting more popular as compared to Zend, Laravel, Symphony and liked by all freelance web developers.
Drawbacks of Phalcon PHP
Here are some major drawbacks of Phalcon PHP.
- You’re debugging C, if something goes wrong
- Extension is compiled. This means installation process is complex and impossible on shared hosting.
Pros of Phalcon PHP
Here is a list of the top benefits of the Phalcon PHP framework that distinguishes it from other frameworks.
- For MVC-based applications, Phalcon offers the lowest overhead. This is due to its low-level optimizations and architecture.
- The PHP element is quite similar to other MVC frameworks as it comprises of traditional MVC code.
- The extension provides ready to use functions and classes for any application.
- Phalcon has its own ORM, PHQL (Phalcon Query Language). You can use it to make cleaner and more expressive database interaction. You can even integrate PHQL with models to easily use and define relationships between your tables.